Monday, May 9, 2011

Appointment with the Lord

Hola Familia,

How amazing was it to Skype all of you even when we were all different places!  Thanks Dad for organizing and carrying it all out so that everyone could be there!  I really enjoyed hearing your voices and I feel even more excited to work harder.  I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing so well.  I pray that things continue to be so well for all of you!

This week was exceptionally amazing!  Other than seeing the smiling faces of the people I love most, we baptized another family, another member of the Morales family, and had two baptismal services.  Elder Lubiano and I woke up at 4:50 in the morning on Sunday to go to the chapel early in order to clean the font. The window was left open to the font during the week and with the crazy storms we have had a lot of dirt settled and bugs entered and died.  Basically we spent a good amount of time cleaning the font, mortified at the thought of baptizing someone in what it was like.  The baptisms went super smooth and the wonderful sensation of seeing people take that step of faith never gets old, only better!

I LOVE studying in the morning.  President said something super interesting about studying in the morning and that it is "an appointment with the Lord."  I love this thought and have really enjoyed seeing what the Lord has planned for me every morning.  Each night I plan what I want and feel I need to study: Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Preach My Gospel, and Jesus the Christ are what I am currently studying.  I then read, search, and ponder the things I am learning.  I have had some amazing experiences this week, when I found a scripture that an investigator needed or my perspective of a gospel principle was widened, allowing for better application for another investigator.  I feel as if I really am putting on the armor of God every morning and that the Lord gives me the finest weapons to both find and teach His children, my brothers.  I love the "ah-hah" moments and the connections that come from a study that involves all the wonderful resources we Latter-Day Saints have.  Utilize these amazing fountains of spiritual strength and knowledge of the mysteries of God to give the Lord a chance to personally teach you everyday. Before the mission, I'll be honest I did not take advantage of such blessings but man I trying to compensate in the most wonderful two years of my life!

I love you tons and apologize for the shorter letter this week.

Con Amor,
Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment