Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Possible Visa Delays

Hola Familia!
 
I had yet another awesome week here at the Missionary Training Center.  I am learning tons and the Spirit is amazing strongly all throughout the day.  I can't believe that it has already been one month.  Time is just flying by and I can already tell that I will need to always be diligent with time or it will just tick away.  My Missionary Discretionary times throughout the week are really beginning to have such a great impact on what I am learning and acheiving.  My teachers here at the MTC are also helping me become the best missionary possible and are such a wonderful blessing.  My teacher for the morning classes is Hermana Borgolthaus who served a mission in Fort Worth, Texas.  She is tons of fun and is great at teaching us all the Spanish grammar.  My afternoon classes are taught by a native to Equador who is going to BYU to learn English.  Hermano Galan speaks Spanish at blazing fast speeds and has the greatest ways to teaching us all the things we need to know from Preach My Gospel.  He teaches with such sincerity and has the ability to turn every class into a wonderful spiritual experience.  His fast speaking in Spanish is also really nice because rumor has it that Mexico will be even more fast.  Speaking of Mexico, only 4 more weeks!!!!
 
Well it could actually be more that just 4 weeks.  I have been waiting to email home the particulars about Visa problems until I had all the information that I could get gathered.  Mexican Mission Visas are being processed at slow speeds.  There is a huge pile up of missionaries that have completed the 9 weeks but don't have the ability to go to Mexico.  The record so far is 17 total weeks here in the MTC.  They have a special district for these missionaries in my zone comically called district X.  However, this last week, the Elders that were in this district were all reassigned for the mean time to different missions around the area.  Some went to Las Vegas, St. George, Salt Lake City, and Provo to wait until the Visas finally come through.  I am not sure what will be my case in 4 weeks from now but I will be fine with whatever happens.  Something I have been learning a lot since being here is that everything happens for a reason.  I'm not sure if I will  stay here for extra weeks or get temporarily reassigned but whatever happens I know it will be for the best.  I am still however praying that my Visa will come through as planned and that I can go to Mexico as soon as I can.
 
Thanks for all the love and appreciation from the home front!  I am doing great and love every moment I am having here.  The Lord has blessed me so much everyday here.  I know that He hears and has answered my prayers to which I am so thankful.  We really are all so blessed to be members of this church and to have the amazing faith and knowledge that we all have.  I hope everyone has a great start to a new school year.  I love you all so much.
 
Con mucho amor,
Elder Ethan Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment