Sunday, March 27, 2011

That is what you call a family of gold!

Hola Familia!

Elder Diaz and I had an absolutely amazing week!  We had a baptismal service where a wonderful family was baptized.  Remember one of the stories that I shared in the last email home about a man who lived in Arizona, knew the church there, and contacted us in the street.  He and his family were baptized this last week.  We knew them for a little over one week and they were baptized!  That is what you call a family of gold!  What a sweet experience it was to pass by their house every night before the baptism to teach them and to see how they just accepted everything.  We are going to take them to the temple this next week to teach them how exactly they can become a eternal family.  The members are so happy to have another family in the tiny ward here.

I am so excited for Conference this next weekend and I am looking forward to learning tons.  I have read many. many talks this past few months and have enjoyed applying what they taught.  We are so blessed to have a living prophet and apostles.  Every time I teach someone that we have a living prophet and apostles it hits me harder and harder just how blessed we are.  We get to hear the mouthpiece of God talk to us twice a year.  I am going to pray that I will get the answers that I need from the divinely prepared talks that are going to be given.  Last conference I did this and received mounds of answers even for questions I didn't really know I had!

I love all of you so much and look forward to telling you all about how our coming week goes.  We have many great things planned and are working towards baptizing another complete family!!

Love,

Elder Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment