Monday, November 14, 2011

Transfer to Azcapozalco

Hola Familia!

We had transfers today and I am in a new area, with a new district.  I was previously in the Estado de Mexico but now I am in the District Federal again.  I am SOOOO excited to be here in DF again and look forward to all the people that I can help here.  I am in the northern part of DF in the delegation Azcapozalco.  I don't know much about the area because my companion has been here only a week and I have barely an hour here but he tells me that it is groups of apartment  complexes.  That means that tons and tons of people live here and man am I excited to start looking for the people that the Lord has prepared for me here.  Ha ha, I am imagining a scene like that of Alma in the waters of Mormon or Peter and other apostles in the Day of Pentecost when hundreds line up to be baptized.  Who knows if we can achieve something like that here and now, but I am going to work as if it were possible and see what miracles the Lord pours out upon us.

So, many of you guys are asking me what I normally do on P-Day.  Well, to tell you the truth...not much.  In Cuauhtemoc, where I was, it was an extremely large apartment complex and a small, poor colony in which there is basically nothing.  The whole zone is super similar.  So normally what we would do is play soccer a couple hours, shop for groceries, and do emailing.  Usually a member invited us to eat with them in the afternoon.  However, here I am in DF again and I will have the chance to go to museums, historical sites, and there is a super nice mall near by.  I thought before I got here that it would be a lot more rural in parts but I was SUPER wrong.  Imagine downtown, downtown New York, but so large that it takes four hours to drive around it on the highway here called Periferico.  It still amazes me how many people live here and how many cars there are in the streets.

I am super excited for the coming week in my new area.  The area is called Parque Via 1 (Parque Via 2 is an area of Hermanas (i.e., Sisters) which are going to be in my District).  I am excited to have the chance to help the members of my new district and learn from them.  Oh, I want to take pictures of the apartment in which we live; super small but there is only us living in it. I have seen two and sometimes three families stuffed in an apartment the same size.  The majority of the people here are humble and barely make a living.  A convert I baptized in my last area makes 800 pesos every two weeks which is about 65 dollars working 48 hours a week.

Hey, so this last week Alma, the member with curly hair from my last ward who met you guys at the Hill Cumorah Pageant, is going with her husband to Salt Lake City for Christmas.  She offered to carry a box of things to you guys that I am just lugging around.  Another member bought me a molcajete-a stone bowl-in which you use another stone to grind avocados and tomatoes to make a guacamole.  I am excited to show you guys how to make a guacamole like that in Anamias but BETTER!!  She told me that she would be in contact with you guys to figure out how she will get it to you.

I love each and every one of you and am so thankful for the support that you send me every week.  Sorry that I am sooooooo horrible about writing back to the majority of you but I am going to be better.  Hope you have a great coming week!

Love,
Elder Janis