Monday, December 5, 2011

Doing What Even the Apostles and Seventy Can't Do

Hola Familia,

Many wonderful things happened this last week!  To start out the week we had the chance to have a zone conference with Elder Johnson from the Seventy and man was it great.  I learned a bunch of wonderful things that are opening the door to a more effective way to work with the Holy Ghost.  I am loving the opportunities that I have every week to be more dilligent and obedient in order to have the Spirit as a constant companion.  We also learned about the importance of using the mission as an opportunity to be converted to the Lord.  He helped us reflect on how converted we really are or for what reasons we are here in the mission.  I am thankful for the time I have in the mission to start putting these things into practice and really start achieving the potential that the Lord has planned for me.   I have been concentrating my study on this recently and on how I can really take advantage of being a representative of Christ enjoying the opportunities of the Spirit.  I only have 8 months to enjoy doing what even the Apostles and Seventy can't do.

We had a baptismal service for Mario and the children of the family that miraculously went to church with us Sunday last week!  I had the opportunity to do the ordinance and it was such a fun experience to help each one of the children be baptized.  They left the water SO happy and the mom was SO proud and happy.  I then did the ordinance for Mario.  He is the investigator that showed up with a friend at sacrament meeting last week.  He was SUPER excited when he got into the water and it looked like he almost cried as I helped him into the water.  After he was submerged he had the biggest smile on his face!  We waited for the dressing rooms to empty out and I had the chance to talk to him about how he was feeling.  With his huge smile, he told me how great he felt.  I will never forget his happiness and joy as he explained to me how he felt.  It really doesn't get old serving and loving people with all that I have.  There really isn't any greater joy in life than that which you find serving!

We have several potential baptisms for this coming week and I couldn't be happier! :)  I love you all!!

Con amor,
Elder Janis