Monday, May 14, 2012

Voy a echar muchas ganas esta semana! (I'm going to work really hard this week)

Hola Familia,

Aquí hay más español en mi carta en vez de solamente "hola familia"!  (Here is some more Spanish in my letter instead of just Hola Familia).  HAHA,  I really, really enjoyed the Skype that we had Sunday night.  Wow, it was so special to see all of you there, hear your voices, see Grandma Janis, and meet Rebecca (i.e., Derek's girlfriend).  Every time I talk to you guys I get an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the blessings that the Lord is showering over every single one of you guys at home.  I can't wait for Chad and Elaine to leave on your missions!  You guys have so much to look forward to!

I thought I would let you all know about another miracle that I saw this last week!  They never get old!

This last Sunday, a young single adult brought her best friend to church that really wanted to get to know the church and get baptized.  We went by every day this last week and she accepted everything that we taught.  She would then do everything that we left as invitations; to pray or to read.  She loves the Book of Mormon and got a specific answer to prayer to be baptized this last Sunday.  We also had the opportunity put her into an interview with President's first counselor.  She came out so excited and SO ready for Sunday.  When Sunday came along she had insisted coming to church on her own.  We walked into church and she wasn't there...We tried calling and she didn't answer.  We left the church to go to her house and see what had happened when she came running toward the church.  She was so worried because she had woken up late and came running to church.  She looked so relieved as we told her that everything was ok and that it would all work out!  She got baptized and came out of the water with a huge smile on her face!!

Well, I am looking forward to a great week with a Zone Conference and many, many interviews and interchanges!  Les amo y les agradezco por las oraciones y amor que me evian.  Voy a echar muchas ganas esta semana!  (I love you and appreciate the prayers and love you send me.  I am going to work really hard this week!).

Love,
Elder Janis