Monday, February 6, 2012

Opening a New Area


Hola Familia,
 
Wow, I cannot believe the opportunity the Lord has trusted me to have!   This last Saturday night I was in a lesson when I got a call at about 8:30 at night from President Villareal.  He informed me that Monday morning, today, I would be going to a new area to open it with another Elder and that I would be assigned to be a Zone Leader...wow am I excited!!  He sent me with Elder Monjarraz from Sinaloa, Mexico and he is so great.  We are opening an area which means we have to learn the area together but also the President sent us to lead a Zone that has been known to have a couple of problems.  However, the district leaders that we have here are great, all super diligent and I know we will see many miracles this next week.
 
I was sad to leave Parque Via which was by far the best area of my mission and where I grew so much.  I am so thankful to the Lord for the opportunity that I had there!!  I am excited for the new trials and all the growing that I will do here.
 
Sorry I can't write too much...we have got to get going with making plans for the zone and working the new area!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!!
 
Love,
Elder Janis